Brentwood Home is a Los Angeles-based mattress company famous for its gel-infused memory foam layer design. In this article, we closely review a mattress that exemplifies gel-based memory foam composition: The Brentwood Home Cypress Bamboo Gel Mattress. Featuring New Zealand wool, well-ventilated foam, and bamboo-derived elements, this is an efficient, eco-friendly mattress at a fair price.
- Exceptional value relative to pricing
- Excellent cooling properties
- Mattress is brand-new on ordering
- Generous trial period helps you to make an informed decision.
- Too firm for some
- Online purchases only
- Slight odor when mattress is removed from packaging
FeaturesWe’ve divided this review into sections overviewing important mattress features. Below, you can read through our evaluation start-to-finish, or navigate using our table of contents. Let’s examine the key components and noteworthy features of the Brentwood Home Bamboo Gel Mattress.
- Construction & Design
- Comfort and Firmness
- Motion Isolation
- Health Benefits
- Cooling Effects
- Maintenance and Customer Support
- Shipping and Warranty
- Technical Specifications
#1. Construction and DesignThe Brentwood Home Bamboo Gel Mattress is built using three foam layers beneath a soft New Zealand wool exterior. The top layer contains 2.5 inches of gel memory foam. This enables the mattress to adjust its form to accommodate your body size, weight, and shape. The middle layer is a two-inch-thick ventilated airflow zone, allowing the mattress to breathe and preventing excess heat accumulation. The 6.5-inch support base layer at the bottom absorbs weight to limit motion transfer and minimize noise. Brentwood Home only uses non-toxic materials that meet the Global Organic Latex Standard. They manufacture their products using Certi-PRUS-US foam, which does not contain excessive chemical flame retardants. All Brentwood Home Bamboo Gel Mattresses are produced in the U.S., which helps to drive the price down and facilitate quality control. The mattress cover is mostly a blend of bamboo and polyester, which assist in preventing the sleeper from overheating. Its surface layer is an exquisitely soft stretch of authentic New Zealand wool. Together, these cover components eradicate moisture, get rid of odors, and improve airflow. The cover is built with a zipper for easy removal and cleaning.
Comfort and FirmnessThe Brentwood Home Bamboo Gel Mattress scores quite high when subjected to firmness tests. But what really makes this mattress stand out is its ability to expel heat using advanced cooling features. The body-shaping and contouring properties of this mattress are also top-notch, allowing for between 1-2 inches of sinkage depending on the weight of the sleeper. The contour response time is average — this mattress takes a few seconds to adjust to your size and shape. The combination of a bamboo-infused cover, wool backing, and gel memory foam lands the Brentwood Home Bamboo Gel Mattress at an exceptional level of comfort. In fact, for those who suffer from joint pain, the comfort level of this mattress is so high that they can sleep on their aching joints without any discomfort. For those who prefer a bouncy feel to their mattresses, Brentwood leans toward the firmer side. It may not possess the bounce that some sleepers prefer. Checking out Brentwood Home’s latex range might be helpful for sleepers who love bouncy mattresses.
Motion IsolationThe Brentwood Home Bamboo Gel Mattress scores high in the motion isolation category. When put to the ball test, in which one heavy ball is dropped next to another on the mattress’ surface, the second ball does not disturb the first. This goes to demonstrate the strong motion isolation properties of Brentwood Home’s product. However, given a great enough weight discrepancy between sleeping partners, some motion transfer can still occur.
ValueThis is a mattress of exceptional value. It can be difficult to find such quality so fairly priced. Brentwood Home is so confident in its product that it gives customers a 120-day guarantee. If you are dissatisfied with the quality of your mattress for any reason within that time frame, you are entitled to a full refund. This is a benefit acquired exclusively by ordering from Brentwood Home. On Amazon, the offer has been reduced to 30 days.
#3. Durability and LongevityThe Brentwood Home Bamboo Gel Mattress was built to last. It comes with a 25-year warranty, which is well beyond the average warranty period. With the Brentwood Home Bamboo Gel Mattress, the ingredient foams used in the product have been chosen for the optimal optimal combination of healthy materials and longevity. The warranty offered by a mattress company is a major clue in determining manufacturer confidence. The longer the warranty, the more confidence they probably apportion to the mattress. A brief warranty could indicate that they expect the mattress won’t last very long.
#4. Health BenefitsA good night’s sleep is a powerful stress reliever. This is a mattress designed for comfortable sleep, and it even possesses therapeutic properties for those who suffer from arthritis and similar joint pain. The mattress acts as a cushion and protects arthritic areas from destructive or agitating pressure. With any Brentwood foam mattress, the advanced contouring feature provides good spinal alignment, discourages snoring, and eliminates common pressure points. The Brentwood Home Bamboo Gel Mattress is also hypoallergenic, so only an occasional cover cleaning is needed to keep allergens perpetually at bay.
#5. Cooling EffectsSome sleepers badly overheat during the night, leading to damp midnight wakeups and poor overall sleep quality. The Brentwood Home Bamboo Gel Mattress is built for heat control. Sweaty, sticky nights are few and far between thanks to the cooling properties in Brentwood Home’s design. Hot air that accumulates within the mattress is expelled through the breathable airlux foam middle, keeping the mattress surface cool and your sleep uninterrupted.
#6. Maintenance and Customer SupportDue to the high quality of the Brentwood Home Bamboo Gel Mattress, very little maintenance is required during the first 10 years of use. Any maintenance that is required will be performed for free by Brentwood Home. Beyond the ten-year period, Brentwood Home continues to offer maintenance, but at a subsidized rate. When it comes to customer support, Brentwood Home is very responsive to queries and complaints. A visit to their website testifies to the transparency of their manufacturing process. Its pages take users on virtual tours of mattress compositions and properties.
#7. Shipping, and WarrantyBrentwood Home Bamboo Gel Mattresses are made on order, meaning that the mattress doesn’t exist until it is built to your specifications. Mattress-building time is usually three to five days, with shipping accounting for an additional three to five days on top of that. As mentioned previously, Brentwood Home Bamboo Gel Mattresses also come with a 25-year warranty and 120-day trial period.
#8. Technical SpecificationsBrentwood Home Bamboo Gel Mattresses are built at the specifications listed below, with prices varying by size and included features.
- Bamboo Gel 7: This is a seven-inch mattress that has been built with a two-inch memory foam layer on top. It does not come with a middle layer. It has a five-inch therapeutic support base and weighs 40 pounds. This is a firm mattress with medium-quality support.
- Bamboo Gel 9: A nine-inch mattress built with a two-inch gel memory foam layer. It does not have a middle layer. It features a seven-inch therapeutic support base and weighs 45 pounds. The mattress feel is firm, and the support for this mattress is ranked at a high level.
- Bamboo Gel 10: This is a 10-inch mattress with a 2.5-inch gel foam top layer and equally sized middle layer. The therapeutic support base is five inches and the mattress weighs 40 pounds. The feel of this mattress is medium-soft, and it ranks high in support.
- Bamboo Gel 11: This mattress is 11 inches thick with a 2.5-inch gel memory foam layer on top and a two-inch ventilated airflow layer in the middle. The therapeutic support base is 6.5 inches thick, and the entire mattress weighs 50 pounds. The feel of this mattress is medium-firm, and the support ranking is high.
- Bamboo Gel 13: With 13 inches in total thickness, this mattress has a 3.5-inch gel memory foam layer and a 2-inch ventilated airflow layer. The therapeutic support base is 7.5 inches, and the entire mattress weighs 53 pounds. The feel of the mattress is medium, with high support.
- Quality-to- price ratio is favorable, meaning good value
- Excellent cooling properties
- Mattress is brand-new on ordering
- Generous trial period helps you to make an informed decision
- Too firm for some sleepers
- There is a slight odor when the mattress is new
- Purchases must be made online
Final ThoughtsAll in all, this is a mattress of great value. At a very reasonable price, the buyer is receiving a mattress with a supportive, custom build. Featuring breathability for cool sleep, quality contouring, and an extended trial period, it’s hard to go wrong with a Brentwood Home Bamboo Gel Mattress unless you require a sleeping surface of above-average softness. Memory foam’s initial chemical odors may be off-putting to some, but they typically fade within a few days.Lucid Mattress Review Restonic Mattress Review
10 Total Score
Brentwood Mattress Overall Ratings