Lull Versus Casper Mattresses: A Well-Researched Comparison
Online based mattress companies are booming. Going to a mattress store can be a major pain. This is particularly true when it comes to pushy salespeople trying to make a commission. The hardest part about choosing a mattress from an online store is trying to find the right one, as you can’t give laying on it a try. Casper and Lull are two online mattress retailers who may have a similar business model, but they have very different beds.
Here we discussed some Important factors between Lull vs Casper Mattress that you should know. Here the factors are shown below.
- Key Similarities
- Materials Rating
- Firmness and Support
- Overall Feel
- Durability and Longevity
- Health Benefits
#1. Similarities Between Lull and Casper Mattress
First, we will discuss how these companies are similar.
- They both use an online-only business model
- They both sell mattresses that are made entirely out of foam
- Their mattresses are always shipped and delivered in a box
- They offer the same thickness, both on the comfort layer and in total
- Most importantly, both of these mattress companies offer the same great “trial period” and excellent customer service.
#2. Differences Between Casper and Lull Mattress
While they have many similarities, Casper and Lull are very different.
- Casper uses a latex top on their mattresses, while Lull uses memory foam.
- Casper is more expensive than Lull and offers a more responsive feel.
#3. Construction of Casper and Lull Mattress
- Lull mattresses consist of 1.5” of memory foam infused with gel on top of 1.5” of a latex-like poly foam. The bulk of the Lull mattress is its 7” of poly foam with a 1.8lb density.
- Casper mattresses consist of 1.5” of latex on top of a 1.5” layer of memory foam with 4lb density, and places all of this on top of 7” of poly foam with a density of 1.8lb.
This difference in construction leads to a different weight and feel between the two mattresses.
- A queen sized Casper mattress weighs 83 pounds
- While the same size Lull mattress weighs only 77 lbs
#4. Materials Rating of Casper and Lull Mattress
Both Lull and Casper get four out of five stars when it comes to the materials they use and their durability. They are both constructed out of high-quality materials, though the Casper mattress is denser, and offers a more responsive feel. When it comes to which mattress is better, material wise, this will come down to your sleeping preferences. If you prefer a softer sleeping experience, you may prefer the Casper mattress. If you prefer a more firm sleeping surface, the Lull may be a better choice.
#5. Firmness and Support of Casper and Lull Mattress
- Lull uses memory foam for the top layer of their mattresses, which is more firm than the latex-topped Casper mattress. Memory foam offers pressure relief without the bounce and is better for those who sleep in multiple positions, or in any position other than their side.
- The Casper mattress is bouncier and responds more to being compressed. It is softer, and more suited towards people who seek support while sleeping on their side when compared to the Lull mattress.
#6. Shipping of Casper and Lull Mattress
An obvious concern when it comes to mattresses ordered online is their shipping cost and method.
- Both Casper and Lull offer free shipping to your door
- Both of these companies compress their mattresses to ship them in smaller packages
- They also offer free return service
- If you aren’t fully satisfied within the first 100 days both Casper, and Lull offers free return service and a full refund
#7. Overall Feel of Casper and Lull Mattress
While Casper and Lull seem to be very similar so far, it is the way that they feel that sets them apart.
- Lull uses a relatively small amount of memory foam as the top layer and puts this over the upper part of a latex-like foam. This construction results in a mattress that feels somewhere between your standard latex and memory foam mattresses.
- Casper uses a layer of latex as the top tier, which yields a more responsive and bouncy feel. In other words, when you move, the mattress quickly moves with you.
- Neither the Lull or Casper is superior in this regard; your preferences will play a major part in deciding which mattress has a more comfortable feeling.
- Casper tends to be more comfortable for side sleepers, while Lull is more comfortable for those who change sleeping positions regularly.
#8. Durability and Longevity of Casper and Lull Mattress
- Both of these mattresses have about the same durability.
- The thick polyurethane foam support core in the Lull mattress allows it to last for 10 or more years with proper care. Casper’s similar construction allows for a similar longevity.
#9. Health Benefits of Casper and Lull Mattress
Getting a good night’s rest is key to maintaining a healthy lifestyle. To get a full night of sleep, you need a mattress that will meet all of your needs. It is important to consider your preferred sleeping position, as this will make a difference regarding how comfortable you are on a Lull mattress versus a Casper mattress. You will also want to consider the temperature at which you can comfortably sleep.
- The construction of the top layer of the Lull mattress enhances airflow and draws heat away from the body.
- The Casper mattress also provides a cooler sleeping environment, as evidenced by thermal imaging tests that the company had performed.
#10. Sizes of Casper and Lull Mattress
Both Casper and Lull mattresses are available in all standard sizes shown below.
- California King
#11. Price of Casper and Lull Mattress
Casper and Lull have similarly priced mattresses, but Lull is cheaper by up to $50 depending on the size of mattress that you choose.
Which One Should You Buy?
a) Should You Buy A Casper Mattress?
If you want a mattress that is bouncier and more responsive than standard memory foam and sleeps mainly on your side, the Casper mattress is an excellent choice.
b) Should You Buy a Lull Mattress?
If you want a mattress that feels similar to memory foam but offers slightly more bounce, and you sleep in more than one position, a Lull mattress may be the best choice for you.
Table of Comparison on Lull vs Casper
|S/L||Features||Casper Mattress||Lull Mattress|
Choosing a mattress largely depends on your sleeping preferences, so making a firm recommendation here is impossible. We found that the Lull mattress was more comfortable, but for some, the Casper mattress would be a better choice. When it comes to Casper vs Lull, the choice is largely yours, and mainly depends on your sleeping preferences.Read Full Lull Mattress Review Read Full Casper Mattress Reviews