Purple vs Casper Mattress Comparison: Buying a mattress sometimes can be hard especially when you have more than one choice. This is the scenarios when you want to get between the purple mattress and Casper mattress. The two mattresses are great and offer maximum comfort and support. However, despite their premium manufacturing, each has a different construction and style. We sought to know which is better between these two products. Do you want to know which will suit your bed? Read our comprehensive comparison below for full information.
#1. Similarities Between Purple and Casper Mattress
a) Medium firmness
Both these mattresses are designed to provide ample sports and comfort to all sleepers. Due to that, both have a stiffness of 6.5 out of 10 in the firmness score.
The Purple and Casper mattress are 9.5 thick. But, the number of layers across these two mattresses differs. They have a thickness of 9.5 inches. Thereby, if you are looking for the thickness alone, this can be tricky.
c) Extensive warranties
Warranty is an important factor to check when buying a mattress. And in that connection, when selecting between these two, they come enjoying 10 years warranty. A plenty impressive guarantee. Apart from the warranty, they enjoy 100 days trial period.👉Check Real Customer Reviews of Purple Mattress on Amazon 👉Check Real Customer Reviews of Casper Mattress on Amazon
#2. Differences Between Casper and Purple Mattress
a) Construction Layers
b) Mattress cover
For the cover, purple has a blend of polyester, viscose, and polyester-lycra. However, for Casper, it has a cover consisting of 100% polyester material with edges made of a blend of polyester and polypropylene.
c) Construction materials
#3. Construction of Purple and Casper Mattress
The purple mattress has an overall thickness of 9.5-inch. It has three layers which enable it to provide ample cushioning, support and comfort.
The purple mattress cover is crafted with an aim to offer excellent breathability. Its knitting comprises of 4% polyester-lycra, polyester blend 76% and 27% viscose. This blending renders it extra soft and highly elastic. Moreover, this cover has a white finish with a pattern and company logo.
b) Top layer
This layer is the topmost from the mattress cover dubbed as comfort and cooling layer It is a 2-inch section made from a hyperelastic polymer which allows body pressure relief. Incorporated smart grid tech ensure that no overheating thus comfortable nights.
c) Middle layer
Also known as transition layer it mainly focuses on offering body support. With a thickness of 3.5-inch, the layer provides deep compression thereby providing maximum support to heavy people.
d) Base layer
The bottom layer forms the foundation of this mattress. Manufactured from 4-inch polyurethane foam, it prevents the mattress from collapsing and also weight distribution.
Just its counterpart, Casper has an overall thickness of 9.5-inch.
Casper mattress is more beautiful than purple since it comes with two color tones. Its knitting features a porous 100% polyester. With high porosity, the top and bottom covers offer a relaxed sleeping. The side panels have a blend of polyester and polypropylene.
b) Top layer
The top layer enjoys a high responsive poly-foam which is 1.5 inches thick. It has a superb bounce, support, and regulation of sleeping temperatures.
c) 2nd layer
It is just below the top layer. The layer consists a 1.5-inch memory foam. With a density of 4.0 cubic per foot, this layer helps to eliminate heat accumulation and support the body. Thereby, it relieves pressure while offering a cool night.
d) 3rd layer
This layer consists of 1. 5 inches of poly foam. It is a bit harder than the second layer with a density of 2.5 CPF. The layer acts as a transition zone and facilitates improved bounce.
e) 4th/base layer
It is the mattress foundation. The layer is dense with a density of 1.8 cubics per foot made of heavy duty foam which prevents the mattress from disintegrating.
#4. Feel, firmness and Support of Purple and Casper Mattress
When it comes to comfort, support, and feel, mattress differences across brands. Figuring out these aspects will ensure you get right choice.
- The Purple mattress is supportive than many rivals. It has a medium rating of around 6.5 out of 10 on the firmness scale. Thereby, it is ideal for use in different sleeping styles.
- On the feel, it has a soft feel when sleeping on it. With the integration of smart grid technology, it leaves you enjoying an exceptional sleep. Starting with a highly breathable cover and a combination of poly-foams, it gives a latex mattress feel. However, this contours to your body, thereby offering a perfect hugging.
- On support, bearing purple mattress is classic. Combining a variety of foams, it has superior adaptive support. Sleeping on it just cause a slight sinking which is ideal for ample body support and comfort. It is an ideal for light and weighty sleepers.
- The Casper mattress has a feel of 6.5 out of 10. with this rating; it means that this mattress is categorized as a medium. Thereby, it is a perfect choice for all sleepers. Though it is a medium mattress weight will affect its responsiveness.
- Unlike the Purple mattress, Casper has four layers and has a polyester cover. However, due to the ample pores on the cover, it delivers a crisp feel when sleeping the poly foam used eliminates the sinking feel thus reducing heat built up.
- On support, sleeping on this mattress doesn’t cause sinking like traditional foams. This mattress offers responsive support. Therefore, it provides a contouring body support.
#5. Purple Mattress vs. Casper Mattress Overall Feel
Both mattresses are categorized as medium feel. However, even though they have a similar rating, Casper is a bit harder than purple. It feels going toward 7 hence a harder feel. Also, the purple mattress boasts a softer feel since it has a blended cover. In overall, these mattresses have a gentle feel than most of the available medium mattresses.
#6. Shipping of Purple and Casper Mattress
This mattress ships for free within the US. Delivery takes about 1 to 4 weeks depending the location. It comes compressed in a purple carrying tube.
#7. Purple and Casper Mattresses Durability
The durability of this mattress is outstanding. The layers are engineered to allow it last for an extended period. The purple mattress has a warranty of 10 years warranty. But, on experts point of view, it can last for over 7+ years.
Just like purple, this one also aims at comfort support and extended durability. It has a 10 years warranty thus you can rely on it for an extended period without sinking or flattening. According to the expert, this mattress can last for 6.5-7+ years.
#8. Health Benefits of Casper and Purple Mattress
- The mattress is free from toxic substances lead and other heavy metals. Thereby, it won’t compromise your body healthy.
- The soft and supportive foam is great in relieving back pain. Also, it prevents sinking hence ideal for all people.
- Doesn’t cause suffocation as it has odor free materials which won’t affect your breathing.
- Contains no formaldehyde
- Adaptive foam for ample support without body sinking. Thereby, no back pains.
- Breathable top layer ensures no excessive sweating. Also, it eliminates hot spots.
- High bounce which prevents hard surfaces. This reduces hard spots hence maximum comfort.
#9. Sizes and Prices of Purple and Casper Mattress
|1||Twin||Check Price Now||Check Price Now|
|2||Twin XL||Check Price Now||Check Price Now|
|3||Full||Check Price Now||Check Price Now|
|4||Queen||Check Price Now||Check Price Now|
|5||King||Check Price Now||Check Price Now|
|6||California King||Check Price Now||Check Price Now|
#10. Purple vs Casper Bed Comparison Table
|S/N||Purple Price||Casper Price|
|Our rating (out of 5)||4.5||4.5|
|Cover||Blend of polyester materials||100% polyester|
|Weight||70-140 pounds||55-104 pounds|
|Firmness (out of 10)||6.5||6.5|
|Warranty||10 years||10 years|
|Construction materials||Memory foam, responsive foam, polyfoam and support foam||Hyper poly foam, polyfoam and support foam|
|Trial period||100 nights||100 nights|
|Shipping||3-4 weeks||2-7 days|
#11. Advantages and Disadvantages of Purple and Casper Mattress
a) Advantage of Purple mattress
- Free from toxic materials
- Doesn’t have bad odors like others
- Supports different sleeping styles
- Food grade construction materials
- It has no talc powder.
b) Disadvantages of Purple mattress
- A bit heavy than rivals
- Available in a few size choices
c) Advantages of Casper mattress
- A bit light and highly supportive
- Contains no harmful substances
- Extended warranty
- Innovative and sturdy construction
d) Disadvantages of Casper mattress
- Polyester mattress cover
- Limited mattress information
Which is The Best Mattress Purple or Casper?
Now, this question is a bit complicated to answer. This is because, even though structurally they are different, performance is similar. However, the only slight difference you will notice is the Casper has a little bounce. But for Purple, it’s intact and no bouncing. So, getting your perfect choice, you will have to figure out several factors.👉Read Full Purple Mattress Review 👉Read Full Casper Mattress Review
When choosing between Casper and Purple mattress, a lot of analysis is needed. Both of these mattresses have the same comfort and feel rating. Though many people select products based on price, these two mattresses perform similarly, though there is the difference in price and construction. It’s our wish that before paying for any of these mattresses you will have a basic information needed to get a perfect mattress.