Purple vs Leesa: Shopping for a new mattress can be a challenging and confusing task. There are plenty of choices and a lot of factors to consider. In this detailed review, we share everything you want to know about Purple Mattress vs. Leesa Mattresses. Read the full head-to-head comparison to find out the one that’s better than the other.
What are The Similarities Between Purple Mattress vs. Leesa Mattress?
- Both have 3-layers: Purple features 2” hyper-elastic polymer. 3.5” polyfoam and 4.0” polyfoam while Leesa comes with 2” Avena foam, 2” memory foam, and 6” support foam.
- Ideal for All Sleeping Positions: Both mattresses feel comfortable for the back, side as well as stomach sleepers.
- Great Cover: Purple and Leesa are designed with soft, thin, great stretching & cooling covers.
- Comfort & Support: Both Purple Mattress and Leesa Mattress provide excellent comfort and support. To put it bluntly, both mattresses feel really good compared to other factory direct mattresses.
- Contours to the Body: Purple’s top layer is made of Purple Polymer while Leesa top layer is constructed from Avena. Both materials operate similarly, with respect to rounded and well-balanced contour.
- Minimal Motion Transfer: The Purple Polymer top layer and Leesa’s Avena foam layer minimizes motion transfer. This makes both mattresses perfect for couples.
- Cool During the Night: Purple’s hyper-elastic polymer layer features a grid design, which improves airflow. The polymer material also doesn’t retain heat. On the other hand, Leesa’s Avena foam layer provides cooling properties.
- Warranty and Trial Period: Both mattresses have 10-Year Warranties and 100-Nights Trial Periods.
- Shipping: The mattresses are well packaged, (compressed in boxes), and then shipped for FREE.
What are Differences Between Purple vs Leesa Mattress?
- Thickness: Purple comes with a 9.5” height while Leesa features a 10” height.
- Pricing: Leesa is offered at a more affordable price compared to Purple.
- Weight: Leesa mattress is an all foam mattress. This makes it significantly lighter than the Purple mattress, which is an elastic polymer + foam mattress.
- Size: Purple is offered in Twin XL to California King Sizes, which weighs 70-140 pounds. Leesa is available in sizes ranging from Twin to California King, with weights ranging from 45- 92 pounds.
- Softness: Leesa, being an all foam mattress, is certainly much softer than Purple.
#1. Construction of Purple and Leesa Mattress
a) Purple Mattress Construction
Purple mattress comes with 3-layers, designed from foams & polymer, and a cover. The top layer (cooling and comfort) measures 2”, the middle one (support) is 3.5” and the bottom layer, (foundation) measures, 4,” all totaling to 9.5.”
- Top Layer (2” Hyper-Elastic Polymer): This layer provides pressure relief, bounce & cooling for the mattress.
- Middle Layer (3.5” of Polyurethane Foam): Placed below the polymer top layer and serves to provide support.
- Bottom Layer (4” of Polyurethane Foam): Excellent at providing deep compression support for the middle and top layer. It also acts as the foundation of the mattress.
b) Purple Mattress Cover
This luxurious mattress features a cover made from polyester (69%), polyester-lycra (4%) and viscose (27%). It has an excellent stretch as well as high level of breathability. Since the hyper-elastic polymer layer is moderately thin, it lets the cover breathe easily. So it allows for an excellent amount of airflow both in and out the mattress.
When it comes to aesthetics, Purple mattress cover looks incredible. It features an all-white color scheme and stylistic touches through the scattered diamond pattern. The name of the manufacturer is embossed on all sides of the mattress, making it look beautiful. Most users love the fact that it fits the mattress tightly, all way around.
c) Leesa Mattress Construction
Leesa is a 10” mattress with two major components; 3 layers of foam, (2” Avena Foam Layer, 2” Memory Foam Layer and 6” Support Foam Layer), and a cover.
- Top Layer (2” Avena Foam Layer): Unlike most foam mattresses, Leesa features an Avena foam layer. This foam can be compared to latex in many ways, (bounce, cooling, response, etc.), but it does have a longer lifespan stronger durability. The 2” Avena Foam Layer and the core memory foam creates an adaptive feel that’s perfect for most sleepers.
- Middle Layer, (2” Memory Foam Layer): This layer provides pressure relief & support for the mattress.
- Bottom Layer (6” Support Foam Layer): As the bottom layer, the 6” Support Foam is the foundation of the mattress. Moreover, it provides a certain level of deep compression support, especially for heavier sleepers.
d) Leesa Mattress Cover
Leesa cover is made from a mix of Lycra and polyester. The blend of these two materials results in a beautiful and durable cover with excellent flexibility and cooling- very similar to Purple mattress’s cover. Since the cover is cut from a single piece of fabric which wraps, it has a very tight fit around the mattress, which adds to Leesa’s appealing modern aesthetic. Moreover, the cover’s all gray color scheme with 4-white bars, makes it look unique compared to other mattress covers out there.
#2. Materials Ratings of Purple and Leesa Mattress
a) Purple Mattress Material Rating
Purple is constructed from quality materials. These include; 2” of hyper-elastic polymer, 3.5” of 1.8 lb polyurethane foam and 4.0” of 2lb polyurethane foam. Its cover is made of polyester (69%), viscose (27%) and polyester-lycra (4%). The manufacturer also uses knit fabric for the cover rather than chemicals.
A hyper-elastic polymer used to design the top layer is mineral oil based, food grade material and it’s 100% non-toxic. Purple foams also have the lowest toxicity level compared to other alternatives out there. The foams are made without;
- Ozone depleters
- PDBEs, TDCPP or TCEP flame retardants
- Mercury, lead & other heavy metals
- Formaldehyde, phthalates, etc.
- Purple also has a low VOC (Volatile Organic Compound) emission for indoor air quality- less than 0.5 parts per million.
b) Leesa Mattress Material Rating
Leesa is made from high quality, safe and durable materials. It features 2” Avena foam, 2” memory foam, 6” support foam and its cover is designed from Polyester and Lycra. Just like Purple foams, Leesa foams are also CertiPUR-US certified. Its foam has been tested to meet CertiPUR-US standards of performance, content, durability, and emissions.
#3. Feel, Firmness & Support of Leesa and Purple Mattress
a) Purple Mattress Feel, Firmness & Support
Most people who have had an opportunity to sleep on Purple mattress say that they experienced a unique feel. On average, they give it a firmness rating of 6.5-7 out of 10 (10 representing the most firm). Purple’s goal was to design a universal comfort mattress, and it seems that they have achieved it.
When lying on Purple, there’s a slight level of sinkage, and the hug gradually increases. Light sleepers don’t put more than enough pressure on the polymer, keeping the hug to the minimum. This results in a firmness scale that’s closer to 7 out of 10. But average weight & heavier sleepers do engage the polymer & foams more deeply. They end up with a well-balanced sinkage and firmness that’s closer to 6.5 out of 10.
The top layer of the Purple mattress creates a well-balanced hugging contour. It also has an excellent degree of point elasticity, allowing specific parts of your body to have more pressure relief & sinkage.
b) Leesa Mattress Feel, Firmness & Support
This 10” mattress features a medium feel, which can be approximated as 6 out of 10, (10 representing the most firm). Whether you’re a side, stomach or back sleeper, you’ll feel equally supported in almost all positions. Users claim that there’s an excellent balance between support and comfort.
Moreover, Leesa has a speedy response time that’s the average response time for most all-foam beds. This not only helps with changing positions and improving the overall sleep quality, but it’s also a benefit when it comes to sex and romance.
When you lie Leesa, you’ll notice a good degree of comfort, softness, and cooling from the top layer- Avena foam. You’ll also love the balanced level of contour & body hug. From the comfort and support to the cooling properties, Leesa will provide you with quality sleep experience.
#4. Shipping of Purple and Leesa Mattress
- Purple Mattress: Purple is compressed in a Purple “tube” and then shipped for FREE. The manufacturer says that it can take up to 4 weeks for the mattress to be shipped.
- Leesa Mattress: The Leesa mattress is made to order and is compressed in a large box (19 x 19 x 44). It’s then shipped FREE anywhere within the US, (including Alaska and Hawaii) and Canada. It ships in 3 to 10 days.
#5. Purple Mattress and Leesa Mattress Durability/Longevity
Both mattresses are constructed from high-quality materials and can serve you for an extended period. They also come with 10-year warranties, 100 nights free trial periods and full return policies. Based on reviews available online, users and mattress experts claim that Purples durability is good. Its strong supportive polymer holds up better over time. Leesa’s durability is ranked as good to fair.
#6. Health Benefits of Purple and Leesa Mattress
a) Purple Mattress
Unlike the traditional mattresses, Purple provides a well-rounded contour, that’s similar to that of latex. It also ensures that both back and side sleepers achieve a perfect spinal alignment. You won’t wake up with a backache or other sleep pains. Purple is also hypo-allergenic since its Certi-PUR certified.
b) Leesa Mattress
Leesa mattress is made of non-toxic materials, which makes it safe for your health. It’s also contours to your body and ensures that your spinal cord is aligned to perfection. We all know that chemicals and flame retardants can always cause allergic reactions. Leesa is CertiPUR- certified. You won’t experience allergic reactions, skin irritations, respiratory problems, etc.
#7. Sizes and Prices of Purple and Leesa Mattress
|1||Twin||Check Price Now||Check Price Now|
|2||Twin XL||Check Price Now||Check Price Now|
|3||Full||Check Price Now||Check Price Now|
|4||Queen||Check Price Now||Check Price Now|
|5||King||Check Price Now||Check Price Now|
|6||California King||Check Price Now||Check Price Now|
#8. Purple vs Leesa Bed Comparison Table
|S/N||Purple Price||Leesa Price|
|Our rating (out of 5)||4.5||4.5|
|Cover||Blend of polyester materials||Lycra and polyester|
|Weight||70-140 pounds||45- 92 pounds|
|Firmness (out of 10)||6.5||6.0|
|Warranty||10 years||10 years|
|Construction materials||Memory foam, responsive foam, polyfoam and support foam||Avena foam, Memory Foam|
|Trial period||100 nights||100 nights|
#9. What Are the Advantages and Disadvantages of Purple and Leesa Mattress?
- Luxurious: Purple mattress looks beautiful and feels very well made.
- 10-Years warranty: This covers the mattress against defects in materials and workmanship.
- 100 Nights trial periods: You’ll have the opportunity to try the bed and determine if it’s what you need.
- Simple Returns: If you don’t like your Purple mattress, you just need to contact the manufacturer, and they’ll schedule a pickup.
- Doesn’t sleep hot: Purple is always “cool” during the night.
- Not too much cheap
- 10-Year warranty: This full is a full replacement limited warranty.
- 100-Nights trial period: If for any reason you don’t like your Leesa Mattress, you can drop them an email and they will refund your money. You don’t even have to ship it back. The company will help arrange for a donation or recycling center to pick the mattress up at no cost.
- Exceptional Manufacturer: Leesa gives back to the community by donating 1-mattress for every 10 they sell to those in need. They also donate almost all of the returned mattresses and plant 1-tree for every 1-mattress they sell.
- Huge Discounts: Leesa is offered at reduced prices from time to time.
- Great Cover: The soft, beautiful and eye-catching cover is made of high-quality material. It’s also woven well and looks fairly thick & awesome.
- Not cheap
#10. Which Mattress Should You Buy? Purple Mattress or Leesa Mattress?
When you combine the quality construction, comfort & support, 100 day trial period, 10-year warranty, free shipping, etc, it’s hard to come up with a reason not to try any of the two mattresses. They both feel incredible, have a fairly neutral firmness, the subtle hug of their top layers meshes well for any sleeping position, etc.
We recommend that you pick Purple if you want a mattress with;
- The medium firm feels.
- A unique & impressive construction.
- Fast response.
- A unique feel
- And a mattress that’s great for pressure relief.
Choose Leesa if you would like to own a high-quality mattress from a company that helps those in need and a mattress with;
- Medium firmness
- Balanced feel
- Slight amount of sinkage
- A good body contouring
- And a mattress that’s available at a reduced price, letting you save a decent amount more than Purple.
Both Purple and Leesa mattresses are designed to provide universal comfort and offer a wide range of features & benefits. Any of the two will provide you with a relaxed sleep night after night. But before you can place your order, you should note that Purple is an elastic polymer + foam mattress while Leesa is an all foam mattress.
All foam mattresses offer a more traditional design and feel compared to polymer + foam mattresses. On the other hand, Purples feel is unique since it offers more bounce and faster response. So make a final purchase decision based on the features of your ULTIMATE mattress. If you want to save a good amount of your cash, we recommend that you order from Amazon. They offer both Purple and Leesa mattresses at the best prices.