We compared all important features including similarities, differences, advantages, disadvantages, constructions, materials ratings, quality, support, firmness, feel and comfort, warranty, and shipping in this Purple vs Leesa mattress comparison. Read the comparison points between two mattresses below.
Key Comparisons Between Purple vs Leesa Mattress
Similarities Between Purple Mattress vs. Leesa Mattress
- Both have 3-layers: Purple features 2” hyper-elastic polymer. 3.5” polyfoam and 4.0” polyfoam while Leesa comes with 2” Avena foam, 2” memory foam, and 6” support foam.
- Ideal for All Sleeping Positions: Both mattresses feel comfortable for the back, side as well as stomach sleepers.
- Great Cover: Purple and Leesa are designed with soft, thin, great stretching & cooling covers.
- Comfort & Support: Both Purple mattress and Leesa mattress provide excellent comfort and support. To put it bluntly, both mattresses feel really good compared to other factory direct mattresses.
- Contours of the Body: Purple’s top layer is made of Purple Polymer while Leesa top layer is constructed from Avena. Both materials operate similarly, with respect to rounded and well-balanced contour.
- Minimal Motion Transfer: The Purple Polymer top layer and Leesa’s Avena foam layer minimizes motion transfer. This makes both mattresses perfect for couples.
- Cool During the Night: Purple’s hyper-elastic polymer layer features a grid design, which improves airflow. The polymer material also doesn’t retain heat. On the other hand, Leesa’s Avena foam layer provides cooling properties.
- Warranty and Trial Period: Both mattresses have 10-Year Warranties and 100-Nights Trial Periods.
- Shipping: The mattresses are well packaged, (compressed in boxes), and then shipped for FREE.
Differences Between Purple vs Leesa Mattress
- Thickness: Purple comes with a 9.5” height while Leesa features a 10” height.
- Pricing: Leesa is offered at a more affordable price compared to Purple.
- Weight: Leesa mattress is an all foam mattress. This makes it significantly lighter than the Purple mattress, which is an elastic polymer + foam mattress.
- Size: Purple is offered in Twin XL to California King Sizes, which weighs 70-140 pounds. Leesa is available in sizes ranging from Twin to California King, with weights ranging from 45- 92 pounds.
- Softness: Leesa, being an all foam mattress, is certainly much softer than Purple.
Shipping of Purple and Leesa Mattress
- Purple mattress: Purple is compressed in a Purple “tube” and then shipped for FREE. The manufacturer says that it can take up to 4 weeks for the mattress to be shipped.
- Leesa mattress: The Leesa mattress is made to order and is compressed in a large box (19 x 19 x 44). It’s then shipped FREE anywhere within the US, (including Alaska and Hawaii) and Canada. It ships in 3 to 10 days.
Purple and Leesa Mattress Durability/Longevity
Both mattresses are constructed from high-quality materials and can serve you for an extended period. They also come with 10-year warranties, 100 nights free trial periods and full return policies. Based on reviews available online, users and mattress experts claim that Purples durability is good. Its strong supportive polymer holds up better over time. Leesa’sdurability is ranked as good to fair.
Health Benefits of Purple and Leesa Mattress
a) Purple Mattress
Unlike the traditional mattresses, Purple provides a well-rounded contour, that’s similar to that of latex. It also ensures that both back and side sleepers achieve a perfect spinal alignment. You won’t wake up with a backache or other sleep pains. Purple is also hypo-allergenic since its Certi-PUR certified.
b) Leesa Mattress
Leesa mattress is made of non-toxic materials, which makes it safe for your health. It’s also contoured to your body and ensures that your spinal cord is aligned to perfection. We all know that chemicals and flame retardants can always cause allergic reactions. Leesa is CertiPUR- certified. You won’t experience allergic reactions, skin irritations, respiratory problems, etc.
Purple and Leesa Mattress Sizes and Pricing
The Purple and Leesa mattresses have the following available sizes: Twin, Twin XL, King, Queen, Cal King.
Advantages of Purple Mattress
- Luxurious: Purple mattress looks beautiful and feels very well made.
- 10-Years warranty: This covers the mattress against defects in materials and workmanship.
- 100 Nights trial periods: You’ll have the opportunity to try the bed and determine if it’s what you need.
- Simple Returns: If you don’t like your Purple mattress, you just need to contact the manufacturer, and they’ll schedule a pickup.
- Doesn’t sleep hot: Purple is always “cool” during the night.
Disadvantages of Purple Mattress
- Not too much cheap
Advantages of Leesa Mattress
- 10-Year warranty: This full is a full replacement limited warranty.
- 100-Nights trial period: If for any reason you don’t like your Leesa mattress, you can drop them an email and they will refund your money. You don’t even have to ship it back. The company will help arrange for a donation or recycling center to pick the mattress up at no cost.
- Exceptional Manufacturer: Leesa gives back to the community by donating 1-mattress for every 10 they sell to those in need. They also donate almost all of the returned mattresses and plant 1-tree for every 1-mattress they sell.
- Huge Discounts: Leesa is offered at reduced prices from time to time.
- Great Cover: The soft, beautiful and eye-catching cover is made of high-quality material. It’s also woven well and looks fairly thick & awesome.
Disadvantages of Leesa Mattress
- Not cheap
Which Mattress Should You Buy? Purple or Leesa
When you combine the quality construction, comfort & support, 100 day trial period, 10-year warranty, free shipping, etc, it’s hard to come up with a reason not to try any of the two mattresses. They both feel incredible, have a fairly neutral firmness, the subtle hug of their top layers meshes well for any sleeping position, etc.
We recommend that you pick Purple if you want a mattress with;
- The medium firm feels.
- A unique & impressive construction.
- Fast response.
- A unique feel
- And a mattress that’s great for pressure relief.
Choose Leesa if you would like to own a high-quality mattress from a company that helps those in need and a mattress with;
- Medium firmness
- Balanced feel
- Slight amount of sinkage
- A good body contouring
- And a mattress that’s available at a reduced price, letting you save a decent amount more than Purple.
Both Purple and Leesa mattresses are designed to provide universal comfort and offer a wide range of features & benefits. Any of the two will provide you with a relaxed sleep night after night. But before you can place your order, you should note that Purple is an elastic polymer + foam mattress while Leesa is an all foam mattress.
All foam mattresses offer a more traditional design and feel compared to polymer + foam mattresses. On the other hand, Purples feel is unique since it offers more bounce and faster response. So make a final purchase decision based on the features of your ULTIMATE mattress. If you want to save a good amount of your cash, we recommend that you order from Amazon. They offer both Purple and Leesa mattresses at the best prices.