Purple vs Tempurpedic Mattress: Tempurpedic is a company that has long produced high-quality mattresses. It is now known as Tempur-Sealy and actually came up with the memory foam mattress category. Purple, on the other hand, is a new company. However, despite joining the industry recently, this company is making giant waves on the market. Purple is overtaking the market with its amazing mattress of gel technology. Here is a detailed comparison between these two mattresses. Hopefully, you will be in a position to make informed decisions after going through this article.
What Are The Similarities Between Purple and Tempurpedic Mattress?
- One thing that these two mattresses share in common is their amazing ability to relieve pressure. They reduce pressure points and this gives the user various health benefits. One of them is having a painless morning. Therefore, if you suffer from severe backaches and neck pains, these mattresses can be a great remedy.
- The other common aspect between the two mattresses is the fact that both mattresses feature high quality and durable materials. This implies that both mattresses serve you for a prolonged time period. This is because the materials that make them are resistant to wear and tear.
- Finally, their other similarity is their incredible ability in isolating motion. This means that they are both couple friendly. If you have a partner who turns a lot when sleeping, you need any of these mattresses. The mattresses do not allow transfer of movement from one person to another, enhancing your sleep quality.
What Are The Differences Between Purple and Tempurpedic Mattress?
- One of the major differences between Purple and Tempurpedic mattresses is that Tempurpedic features a full line of mattresses while Purple features only one mattress. This might actually be facilitated by the fact that Purple is a new company on the market while Tempurpedic has various years on the market.
- The other difference between these two mattress companies is the price. Purple has a mattress that is relatively cheap to any other Tempurpedic model. Therefore, Purple is less expensive as compared to all Tempurpedic mattresses.
- Finally, Purple gives you a more resilient feel and this makes it bouncier. Tempurpedic models, on the other hand, feature a slower moving feel of memory foam.
#1. Construction of Purple Mattress VS Tempurpedic Mattress
a) Construction of Tempurpedic Mattress
- The construction of these two mattresses differ. The Tempurpedic mattresses have four layers. There is the top layer, second layer, the third layer and the bottom layer. The top layer of the Tempurpedic mattresses is for comfort. This layer contains Visco elastic memory foam.
- The 2nd layer is for support and comfort. It has a firmer feel as compared to the top layer. The third layer of these mattresses offers support to the user. It contains polyurethane foam. This layer is usually a transitional zone between the 2nd layer and the bottom layer.
- The bottom layer offers support and foundation to the sleeper. The density and firmness of the mattresses differ. Apart from these layers, these mattresses come with a cover. The cover is nicely designed and features a polyester and spandex materials. Its surface has a Tempurpedic breeze material that cools the body of the sleeper. The cover is removable when you need to wash it.
b) Construction of Purple Mattress
- The Purple Mattress, on the other hand, has 3 layers. The top layer gives you a cooling effect and comfort at the same time. It has a hyper-elastic polymer material. The middle layer offers transitional support through its polyurethane foam material.
- The bottom layer of this material is the foundation. It also consists of a polyurethane material. The cover of this mattress contains 69% polyester, 27% viscose, and 4% polyester-lycra materials. The cover is highly breathable. It is also soft and stretchy and goes back to its normal shape after a short time once you wake up.
#2. Feel, firmness and support of Purple vs Tempurpedic Mattress
Purple Mattress Firmness
The Purple Mattress has a medium firmness that is unique. Out of 10, its firmness ranges from 6 to 6.5 on a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the most firm. Its design features most sleepers’ needs. You will get incredible support from this mattress. It perfectly suits back, side and stomach sleepers. This mattress feels different on every sleeper. It gives you a relaxed, rested and rejuvenated feeling every morning.
Tempurpedic Mattress Firmness
With the Tempurpedic Mattresses, they also feature medium firmness. However, the full line of this brand features various firmness depending on the model. There are mattresses that are as soft as 3 and as firm as 9 out of 10, 10 being the most firm and 1 being the softest.
The Tempurpedic mattresses comfortably balance the sinkage level of the user. Therefore, depending on the firmness of your mattress, these mattresses can support most sleepers. Due to the contour support type of these mattresses, they are perfect for side sleepers. They give you a smooth and cool touch once you sleep on any of them.
#3. Overall Feel of Purple Mattress and Tempurpedic Mattress
- The air pockets in the Purple Mattress makes the surface extremely cool. Motion transfer is also highly reduced on this mattress. It is soft to the touch and has no noise. With the Tempurpedic Mattress, motion transfer and bounce are virtually zero.
- The mattress is soft and smooth to the touch. Due to the breathable cover of this mattress, you will experience a cool feeling at first. However, the surface then stops being cool, but then it is not overly warm. It is the perfect temperature for anyone to sleep on.
#4. Shipping of Purple and Tempurpedic Mattress
- The shipment of the Purple mattress takes place in a compressed box and it is free of charge. For the Tempurpedic Mattress, shipment takes place free of charge.
- The process takes place within 2 days of making your order. In case you need to ship via Wayfair, this process will take 1 to 5 days.
#5. Durability/longevity of Purple VS Tempurpedic Mattresses
a) Purple Mattress Durability
The Purple Company is very confident in their product. The construction and design of its mattress will serve you for a prolonged time period. Due to its high quality, the company gives you 10 years warranty and 100 nights of the trial period.
b) Tempurpedic Mattress Durability
The Tempurpedic Mattress also features superior durability. Due to its high quality, the manufacturer gives you a 10-year warranty with no refunds but exchange allowed. You also get 30 night trial period from the company.
#6. Health Benefits of Purple Mattress and Tempurpedic Mattress
With both of these mattresses, you are guaranteed of a painless, relaxed and rejuvenated morning. Both mattresses reduce the pressure points making the sleep healthy and comfortable. There is an adjustment of your sleeping position and this alleviates snoring. There is no off-gassing with both mattresses and therefore, you and your family will have a clean indoor air quality.
#7. Sizes and Prices of Purple and Tempurpedic Mattress
|1||Twin||Check Price Now||Check Price Now|
|2||Twin XL||Check Price Now||Check Price Now|
|3||Full||Check Price Now||Check Price Now|
|4||Queen||Check Price Now||Check Price Now|
|5||King||Check Price Now||Check Price Now|
|6||California King||Check Price Now||Check Price Now|
#8. Purple vs Tempurpedic Bed Comparison Table
|S/N||Purple Price||Tempurpedic Price|
|Our rating (out of 5)||4.5||4.5|
|Cover||Blend of polyester materials||polyester and spandex materials|
|Weight||70-140 pounds||90-110 pounds|
|Firmness (out of 10)||6.5||7.5|
|Warranty||10 years||20 years|
|Construction materials||Memory foam, responsive foam, polyfoam and support foam||Visco elastic memory foam, Polyurethane foam|
|Trial period||100 nights||30 nights|
|Shipping||3-4 weeks||2-7 days|
#9. What Are The Advantages and Disadvantages of the Purple and Tempurpedic Mattress?
a) Advantages of Purple Mattress
- Features medium firm feel
- It is extremely cool
- Features a rounded contour
- Provides excellent bounce
- Motion transfer is highly reduced
b) Disadvantages of Purple Mattress
- It is heavy
c) Advantages of Tempurpedic Mattress
- Gives true medium feel
- Has a reduced response time
- Great pressure relief
d) Disadvantages of Tempurpedic Mattress
- It is relatively expensive
#10. Should You Buy Purple or Tempurpedic Mattress?
Buy Purple if:
- If you need a more resilient feel, Purple is the mattress for you to buy.
- In case you want a bouncy mattress for you as a couple, here is the ideal product for you.
- In case you need a temperature neutral mattress, Purple is your ideal mattress
- When you need a pressure relief and firmness combination, Purple is the mattress for you
- When you need extra value, Purple Mattress has more value than Tempurpedic Mattress
Buy Tempurpedic if:
- In case you need a mattress from an established company this is the product for to buy
- In case you are looking for firmness options, Tempurpedic is the mattress that will offer exactly that
- If you are looking for a slow memory foam mattress with a slow-moving feel, this is exactly what you are looking for
The difference between these two companies as well as their products is wide. The Tempurpedic mattresses feel is very different from that of the Purple mattress. Given the major differences in properties and cost, you should manage to assess the right mattress for you. With the help of the above content, you can now make an informed decision when buying the best mattress that matches your needs and lifestyle.